A <> TURN ON ± TURN OFF A
Welcome to A turn on, a turn off!
This form is related to your use of www.aturnonatunoff.xyz and its features. Please review it carefully. If you do not agree to the provisions, you should not use the website.
The website offers registered users the possibility to exchange one image of their coffeepot machine with an algorithmically-generated one. The process put in place allows each registered user to take part of a collective exchange of images.
Only registered users, who agreed to consent to this form, may submit, upload and download text, photos, as content, data or information. To register, you will provide information like your email address, and you will choose a username and password for your account. You must ensure that the email address that you provide is, and remains, valid. After this step, registered users will be able to upload your coffeepot image, crop it and frame it, giving access to a random selection of generated images, based on the collected data of uploaded images. It can be downloaded through the website.
The reasons of the data collection are the following:
- Enabling your access and use of the platform.
- Maintaining a secure environment by verifying your identity.
- Sending an email to all registered users at the end of the month with the images, as the only elements kept out of this website. If you wish not to receive any, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The rest of the collected data will only be kept stored until the end of the month of May 2021 before it gets wiped out.
Collected data from users are:
- Account details: If you register an account, your e-mail address and your username. Passwords will be encrypted.
- Posts: To accomplish the exchange, you must upload a photo of your coffee machine, noting that A turn on, a turn off does not review or monitor the content uploaded by its users. Therefore, we ask you not to communicate any abusive content that incites violence, terrorism, or hatred on the grounds of age, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation.
- During and after the month of May 2021, your registration data will not be shared with any third party whatsoever and your uploaded images remain anonymous to us and other users, and are not identified with you.
- As mentioned earlier, with your consent, the only data made public with the registered users are the generated images, shared through a collective email at the end of the month of May 2021. All the rest of the data will be erased at the end of the month.
- Each registered user will be able to watch a live activity feed of the continuous algorithm process of image generation and stream.
Through the use of one encrypted cookie, the session of each registered user will be identified and erased a week after.
By uploading an image, you initiate and authorize the generation of an image, its direct store on our server, noting that you won’t be able to unload it after. You also authorize making it available to all registered users to download under a different form, or to receive the collection at the end of the month of May 2021. All generated images are designed to be publicly made accessible for free – any registered user can see, modify, and distribute the image as they see fit. A mention for the project’s name and the people who worked on it would be great.
Concerning data security, you must not attempt to violate any data security measures employed by Aturn on, a turn off, or attempt to log into, a server or account which you are not authorized to access; attempt to scan or test the vulnerability of A turn on, a turn off’s servers, system or network or attempt to breach A turn on, a turn off’s data security or authentication procedures; attempt to interfere with the Website or the Services by any means including, without limitation, hacking A turn on, a turn off’s servers or systems, submitting a virus, mail-bombing or crashing, etc.
In case of errors or problems, please note that we reserve the right to modify features made available through the website, without informing you, only in cases like website problems, viruses, hacks, etc.
If you agree with all the above conditions at all times during your use of the website, click on "I agree to consent" below.
For errors or questions, contact: email@example.com
Last updated: April 30, 2021